The PodMic USB is an ultra-versatile dynamic microphone ideal for podcasting, streaming, gaming, voice overs, and other speech applications for content creation. It delivers rich, full-bodied sound and features both an XLR and USB output for connecting to an audio interface or mixer like a classic broadcast microphone, or directly to a computer for plug-and-play recording. The digital USB output features RØDE’s ultra-low-noise, high-gain Revolution Preamp™ and powerful APHEX® digital signal processing for capturing studio-quality sound with ease, and a zero-latency headphone output complete with level control, making recording seamless. For even more versatility, the PodMic USB is also fully compatible with iOS and Android mobile devices, offering a high-quality portable podcasting or streaming solution.
- Broadcast-quality dynamic microphone
- Analog XLR and digital USB-C connectivity
- Fully compatible with Windows and Mac computers, and iOS and Android devices
- On-board DSP for advanced APHEX® audio processing
- Ultra-low-noise, high-gain Revolution Preamp™
- Built-in headphone output with volume control and zero-latency monitoring
- Integrated swing mount for simple and secure positioning
- Internal pop filter for minimizing plosives and internal shockmount to reduce vibrations
- Studio-quality external pop filter included
- Robust, all-metal construction – incredibly rugged and highly durable
Swiss Army Mic
The PodMic USB is a super versatile dynamic microphone for capturing rich, broadcast-quality audio in any scenario you can throw at it. Thanks to its dual XLR and USB connectivity, it is just at home in a recording studio connected to an analog mixer as it is plugged straight into your computer, or you can even hook it up to your smartphone for a grab-and-go recording rig. PodMic USB is perfect if you want one flexible microphone that will make your content sound amazing in any context.
Pro Sound When Creativity Calls
Featuring a high-power neodymium capsule, the PodMic USB delivers warm, highly detailed audio with incredible clarity, making it exceptional in speech applications. It features an internal pop filter for minimizing plosives, an internal shockmount to reduce vibrations, and comes with a studio-quality external pop filter to make sure you can capture crisp, clean audio every time.
Acoustic Principle: Dynamic
Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Address Type: End
Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
Output Impedance: 460Ω (XLR)
Maximum SPL:148dB SPL
Equivalent Noise (A-Weighted):
Sensitivity: -57 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (1.4 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 3dB
Analogue Output Connectors: 3-pin XLR, 3.5mm headphone jack