The following Terms and Conditions apply to use of the website and all transactions on the newworld.co.za web sites. Please read them carefully and print a copy for future reference.
Free Pretoria & Johannesburg deliveries over R1499 for online orders only.
Free shipping is calculated with your postal code. If you don’t have a free shipping option available after entering your postal code your address is not within our free shipping area. If an incorrect postal code is entered a shipping fee will be applicable. Free delivery can take up to 72 hours not including weekends.
Errors and omissions excepted (E&OE).
By shopping or browsing on this website you represent and warrant that you have read and understood these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Please do not use this site if you do not accept, and agree to this agreement.
Online Registration & Information.
In order to place your first order and make your first and subsequent purchases online, you are required to register with us by completing our online registration form. (The registration is part of the checkout process) Registration and/or use of our online shopping website constitutes your acceptance and agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions and any other legal conditions attached to this website.
To register you will be required to provide certain information including personal and payment card details, as well as an email address and password. Please keep your password private. We accept no liability for any damages suffered or losses incurred from the use or misuse of your password. You will be required to enter your email address and password each time you visit our online shopping site. To amend any of your details, please go to “My Account” in the menu.
Cell Phones and Tablet Computers
Cell phones and Tablet Computers may not be refunded or exchanged.
- Faulty cell phones will be exchanged or repaired subject to the relevant network provider’s/ Manufacturers terms and conditions
- Please refer to the manufactures website for features and functions so as to ensure that the model selected is correct
The warranty from date of purchase lies with the relevant manufacturer for the duration of the implied warranty period between 12 and 24 months, depending on manufacturer and is subject to the manufacturer terms and conditions.
Device warranty agreement
- Handsets and Tablet Computers
- The warranty from date of purchase lies with the relevant handset manufacturers for the duration of the implied warranty period between 12 and 24 months, dependent on manufacturer.
- An “Out-Of-Box Failure” (OBF) is defined as a new handset / data card / modem that is found to be technically faulty within 7 (seven) days of purchase.
- The OBF requirements are defined by the applicable manufacturers. New World will operate in accordance with such requirements and specifications for devices originally purchased through the newworld.co.za or newworldmenlyn.co.za web sites.
- Kindly refer to your Manufacturer website for additional information.
- Please Note: Terminology used to refer to OBF’s may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer (e.g. DAP – Defective After Purchase).
- Should a device not meet the OBF the standard repair process will apply in terms of resolving the reported fault.
OBF terms and conditions:
- Items must be returned within 7 (seven) calendar days from date of purchase on official invoice (proof of purchase).
- Original invoice (proof of purchase) as received at point of sale must be supplied.
- Devices that meet the OBF criteria but are faulty due to software issues (incorrect version of software) and that can be resolved by way of a software upgrade are not considered OBF at this stage in the OBF resolution process.
- A software upgrade will be performed free of charge in an attempt to resolve the fault.
- Should this software upgrade fail to resolve the fault and the device renders faulty within 7 days of the software upgrade and/or still within a 14 calendar day period from date of purchase/delivery, the device will be approved as an OBF.
- Items that qualify as OBF will only be swapped for the same make and model.
- The original contents of the “box”, (handset, original battery, original charger, original antenna, manual and any other accessories) must be complete and packaging intact / in good condition.
- The IMEI number on the box must match the IMEI number on the device.
Pricing & Availability
All product prices are in ZAR and are exclusive of delivery. We reserve the right to change any advertised price before accepting an order. All products are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. If your order cannot be fulfilled, you will be offered an alternative or given a refund for the unavailable product(s).
All prices shown on our website are quoted in South African Rands and are valid and effective only in the Republic of South Africa. We reserve the right to discontinue or change the specifications of our products and services from time to time without notice.
We cannot always guarantee stock availability and will deliver a substitute product, if possible, where you have authorised us to do so. If your order cannot be fulfilled, you will be offered an alternative or given a refund for the unavailable product(s).
We will inform you as soon as possible if any products or services ordered by you are not available.
Product images are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product. Due to differences in monitors, colours of products may also appear different to those shown on the site.
Products Details & Content Errors
We shall take all reasonable care to accurately reflect the description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of Products on newworld.co.za. However, should there be any errors of whatsoever nature on newworld.co.za, we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error.
We deliver only in South Africa. If for some reason we are unable to fulfil your order due to geographical location, we will provide a full refund where payment has already been made. Due to the nature of ordering on the Internet it is not possible for you to specify a delivery date.
Please make sure someone will be available to take delivery of your parcel.
Payment online can be made using one of the methods available on this website. Payment will be debited from your account before despatch of your purchase. We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure. However, in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from newworld.co.za or newworldmenlyn.co.za.
Due to our delivery prices differing, it is imperative that you choose the correct delivery location when placing an order; failure to do so will mean the order is cancelled.
Cancellation of Orders
If you wish to cancel BEFORE we have sent goods, you must do so by email. If your order has not been sent, it will be cancelled and there will be no charge whatsoever.
If you change your mind and cancel AFTER your order has been sent to you or after receiving the goods you must follow the standard returns process.
All goods returned must be unused, unopened and in the same condition as they were originally despatched from newworld.co.za or newworldmenlyn.co.za. We will not accept for exchange or refund any item which has been used, or is not in the exact condition in which it was despatched by us, (unless the item is faulty).
You must contact us by email to confirm which items are being returned. You will be requested to return the goods by Courier and will be required to pay the cost of returning the goods. There will be no refund on the cost of returning the goods, (unless the item is faulty). Any free gifts associated with an item must be returned at the same time. Please return them to the address provided on the contact us page, along with a note of your details and the reason for return. Refunds will be made to the original charged account within 14 days of receipt of the returned goods.
You will be sent an e-mail confirming receipt of your order with newworld.co.za or newworldmenlyn.co.za. We reserve the right to decline any order. All orders are accepted subject to our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
We take all reasonable care, in so far as it is our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure. However, in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from newworld.co.za or newworldmenlyn.co.za.